Foreign citizens who intend to work in this country must obtain a permanent resident permit in the Philippines in order to do so. As follows, our company formation consultants in the Philippines present a few key aspects related to obtaining this type of permit here.
Conditions for obtaining the permanent resident visa in the Philippines
Foreigners who are legally married to a local citizen can apply for a permanent resident visa, according to the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 in this country.
Such applicants must present the following documents to the appropriate authorities:
- A notarized application letter written by the local spouse;
- A filled in and notarized general application form;
- A copy of the birth certificate of the local spouse, authenticated by the National Statistics Office or the Philippines Embassy abroad, if the applicant got married abroad;
- An immigration clearance certificate;
- A copy of the foreign citizen’s passport which displays the arrival date and the visa;
- A certification of a savings bank account with at least USD 10,000, proving that the applicant can financially support his or her family;
• Other documents: our company registration advisors in the Philippines can provide more information on what these other documents consist of. We can also help you open a company in the Philippines in 2024.
Other individuals who can qualify for the permanent resident visa in the Philippines
According to the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines, citizens of foreign countries who have diplomatic relationships with the Philippines and offer the same privileges can qualify for a permanent resident visa in the Philippines, in a limited number. Our Philippines company formation agents can offer more details on this matter.
These citizens have to meet the following criteria for their 2024 applications:
- Bring a filled-in application form;
- Provide a Consolidated General application form from the Public Information and Assistance Unit or from the website of the Bureau of Immigration;
- Submit other documents and certain fees: we can provide all the necessary information on what these consist of.
Foreign nationals who wish to immigrate to the Philippines can rely on our complete assistance during the process. We can answer essential questions before the start of the application process and are able to provide guidance for the applications submitted to the Bureau of Immigration. If you have questions about the quota immigrant visa based on your nationality, do not hesitate to contact us.
According to the country’s Statistics Authority, the following data is available concerning the country’s population in recent years:
- In 2020, following the conclusion of the Census of Population and Housing, the total population of the country (on May 1st, 2020) was 109,035,343;
- The updated projected mid-year population statistics for 2021 place the total population at 112,892,781 individuals;
- The projection for the total population on 1 July 2024 is 114,163,719 people and it is expected that by 1 July 2025 the country will have a population of 115,377,992;
- On 1 July 2023, 14,262,006 people were living in the National Capital Region and 1,933,886 in Manila.
In case you would like to know more about obtaining a residence permit in the Philippines in 2024, or for help related to starting a business in the Philippines, please contact us.