Our website uses  cookies for statistical purposes.

Our Articles

Immigrate to the Philippines from USA

Immigrate to the Philippines from USA

It is possible to immigrate to the Philippines from USA, but the specific immigration process and requirements depend on individual circumstances and the type of visa you are eligible for. Our agents are also skilled in immigrating to the Philippines and will guide you on the specific visa category that best suits your situation. We will also make sure to comply with all the necessary documentation and requirements for the immigration process.

Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG)

The Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG) program allows foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, to reside in the Philippines if they meet certain investment and employment criteria.  It essentially allows you to open a company in the Philippines and immigrate to the Philippines from USA if you meet the requirements.

To qualify for the SVEG, a US citizen must employ at least ten Filipinos in a lawful and sustainable enterprise, trade, or industry in the Philippines. He/she is required to actively engage in a sustainable investment in the Philippines and have the authority to manage the business. The SVEG program allows the holder to reside and move in the Philippines, enjoying the benefit of multiple entries, as long as he/she keeps his/her investments there.

The program may also extend to the legal spouse of the US citizen and their unmarried minor children. However, when the children reach 18 years old, their visa is downgraded, and will require a different visa if they wish to move to the Philippines from USA.

If you are interested in immigrating to the Philippines, our teamcan give you more details on this program.

Work visa in the Philipines

If you do not plan on starting a business in the Philippines, but you wish to work there, you can apply for a work visa. In addition to the work visa, you must apply for an Alien Employment Permit (AEP). The AEP is a permit issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and allows foreigners to work in the Philippines. Your employer is typically responsible for applying for the AEP on your behalf.

The validity of an AEP can vary depending on the contract duration. Initially, it may be valid for one to five years, and it can be renewed for a maximum of five years.

If you are considering relocating to the Philippines from USA for work, you can contact our specialists for a closer examination of your case.

Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)

If you wish to immigrate to the Philippines from USA and you are at least 35 years old, you may apply for a Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV). Once issued, you may reside indefinitely in the Philippines with free entry and exit. You will receive a PRA (Philippine Retirement Authority) ID card, which must be renewed annually.

Under this program, you will benefit from income tax exemption on your pension and annuities, customs duties exemptions for the importation of household goods and personal effects up to US$7,000, and a travel tax exemption if you stay and immigrate to the Philippines from USA for less than one year from the last entry date.

Statistics about immigration to the Philipines

It is a good idea to move to the Philippines from USA since the country is an attractive destination, full of natural beauty, diverse cultures, and numerous job opportunities. Here are a few statistics about immigration in the Philippines:

  • In 2017, there were 219,000 immigrants in the Philippines;
  • The majority of these immigrants and expatriates in the Philippines originated from the United States, China, and South Korea;
  • In 2023, it is estimated that the Philippines has a current population of 118,125,951 people.

If you have more questions about relocating to the Philippines from USA, you can contact our team for assistance. We also provide support on company registration in Phillipines and provide external services to our accountants in Phillipines.